Work From Home Equipment Policies & What is a PC Scan?
Just like painters and mechanics, having the right equipment is a critical component to your success. With the right kind of equipment, you’ll find an easier, more efficient time working from home. We sorted through the system and equipment requirements to use the Arise Platform. Remember that these are just their minimum requirements, subject to change. Also, keep in mind that certain clients may have additional requirements that go beyond the ones required by Arise. Keep reading to the end where we break down the PC Scan and what the Failed Results actually mean.
- Intel i class or better
- AMD APU class or better
- 1.4 GHz or better
*Keep note that ARM processors (like Microsoft Surface and Chrome OS) are not supported.
- Minimum of 60 GB total space with minimum 20 GB available space
- Recommended 60+ GB total space with 30+ GB available space
- Minimum of 4GB RAM | Recommended 8GB RAM
- At Minimum Windows 10, but Windows 11 is recommended.
- Must be a Genuine Licensed Copy with all updates and patches installed.
Standard Connection & Speed:
- PC MUST be hard-wired via Ethernet connection, never Wi-Fi.
- Minimum 10 mbps download & 3 mbps upload
- Recommended 30 mbps download & 10 mbps upload
*Tip to get your fastest speed: disconnect devices connected to the internet (TVs, Tablets, Cell Phones) that are pulling via Wi-Fi.
Maximum Latency Threshold:
- Minimum 120 milliseconds | Recommended 50 milliseconds
- Minimum: 1280 x 1024 (SXGA) screen resolutions
- Recommended: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD or 1080p)
Dual Monitors may be required for some programs, but always recommended.
USB 3.0 Ports:
Keep in mind that macOS software is not supported with the Arise Platform. In order to use an Apple device such as an iMac or MacBook, a software called BootCamp would need to be installed.
- Hardwired USB headset with phone quality audio. This is required for class and used to service most platforms. Suggestions: Logitech USB H570e, Jabra Biz 1500, Plantronics Blackwire 3320.
- Review your Opportunity Announcement & see if a Hard-Wired telephone headset is required. If so, we recommend AGPtek Call Center Dialpad.
- Hardwired Keyboard and Mouse, comes with all WAHES PC Bundles but can be purchased individually here: USB Keyboard & Mouse Combo
- Windows Firewall must be enabled
- Updated Web Browsers: Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Chrome for Windows
- Windows Security Real-Time Protection must be enabled and up to date. Other security softwares may be incompatible and should be avoided.
- Must have Hard-Wired Broadband Internet Service via DSL Cable, or Fiber Optic Connection. The PC must be hard-wired via Ethernet connection.
- Review the Opportunity Announcement to determine what is required to service individual programs such as VoIP or Hard-Wired telephone service.
- (AVG) Arise Virtual Gateway is a system to manage call routing, Service Partners that do not have a Miami area code phone number will need to be able to dial long distance on their service line.
ASD - Arise Secure Desktop:
- AKA Secure Remote Worker (SRW) is a software only solution that is installed and runs on the Windows Operating System, creating a secure work environment for remote access. PC must meet the minimum requirements + ASD/SRW must be installed and launched from the Windows desktop.
- This is built on a USB Flash Drive 3.0
Running a PC Scan:
A PC Scan is a quick check that determines if your computer meets the minimal technical requirements in order to use the Arise Platform. BEFORE running the PC Scan, close all other applications and start with a fresh system reboot. Clear cache and cookies. If you’re having issues with the PC Scan try a different browser or rebooting your internet router.
Once the scan is complete, your results will display.
Failed Results & What They Mean:
- CPU: Your PC’s processor is not compatible and can’t be used to service on the Arise Platform. You will need to purchase a new computer with a supported processor.
- Internet Download/Upload Speeds: Your internet is not meeting the minimum speeds. As they can fluctuate: try our fastest speed tip, reboot your router and test again. If it does not resolve, contact your Internet Service Provider.
- Network Latency Max: Your network’s communication is too slow, make sure you are hard-wired and not using Wi-Fi.
- OS: Your operating system is not compatible with the Arise Platform. You will need to update your computer with a supported OS.
- RAM: The RAM on your PC is not sufficient. You may upgrade your RAM by adding more to the system.
Shop Work At-Home Equipment Solutions (WAHES) to heave peace in mind that your equipment is just as ready to work from home as you are. Whether you are looking for laptops, just a desktop, extra monitor, or a bundle with everything included WAHES is your affordable one stop shop highly recommended by others in the industry.